X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bwaites
    • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
    I hope you are right. That would be a pleasant surprise, however it is customary to send a "we are shipping your order" message, not a "we did something to your order, but we don't know what" message. AA is a company with real talent for alienating potentially loyal customers.
    Usually that means they have had to void out an order to resubmit the credit card information and make sure that the credit card is still valid.

Comment

• Nukes- I received that same email before both of my orders shipped as well.

LT.

Comment

• OK, thank you. Then I will hold my breath that you are right. It escapes me why they don't send an email that says what they are doing, not a "we did something to your order, but we don't know what" message. On the bright side, my AA experience is somewhat better than a Cypriot bank "holiday."

Comment

• Originally posted by jmsdad View Post
          Nukes, by receiving that message you're likely to receive the merchandise soon. I received the same message when my upper shipped.
          I got the email then saw the charge on my cc, my ammo is shipping, ups tracking number also.

Comment

• forkknifespoon

Patience

I think some of you guys need to get a little better perspective on the company that you're dealing with here. I just got word earlier this week that they had and would be shipping an upper that I had ordered... 9 MONTHS ago. That said, I think the major hold up was the 20inch Shilen barrel, but think about it. This order was placed well before any major panic buying. My upper should arrive next Thursday, and frankly I'm not disappointed or all that surprised by the time it took. When I made the decision I looked at it like ordering a niche part from a custom weapons shop, and I think it's important that we realize that is what Alexander Arms is.

When I first placed my order I think the estimated lead time was something like 3 months, and I called a few times to see if they had any updates. I did get very frustrated when it was around the 6 month mark and AA stopped answering their phones/did not reply to a couple emails. But I'd like to take that as a sign of them being busy, and not them possessing awful customer service. I think they are a small business producing some top of the line equipment to a niche market that could really benefit from some high speed IT guys working on their website, but hey IT work isn't free or cheap, and they may very well have better things to do with their time. Ultimately, I haven't had any negative interactions with the company, but I hope in the future they do consider making a few changes to the way they keep their customers informed. With that in mind it seems like this thread was Bill Alexander's attempt at just that. He was letting everyone know that items are still coming in and going out.

Comment

• Very well said, I've got a bunch of parts from everywhere that I hope will shoot. I probably should have bit the bullet and waited in line. I'm glad I waited on ammo from AA it's on it's way and I doubt anyone else will have it for some time.

I'm also waiting on a Larue rifle that was ordered 3 or 4 months ago. I don't expect to see it anytime soon, but it will be worth the wait.

Comment

• I do not believe the issue is patience, but courtesy and the Golden Rule.

I understand perfectly that parts are in short supply and that the supply chain is long. I understand perfectly that AA is understaffed with limitations that slow hiring more help. I understand perfectly that AA has inadequate software.

It takes no more time or staff or any supplies whatsoever to:
                (1) not send "shut up and quit bugging us" messages
                (2) not send "we did something to your order, but we don't know what" messages
                (3) instead of sending those annoying and perplexing messages, use that time and staff to provide website information to all their customers, information that was available to us here only because we had an insider who helped us. (hat tip to Bwaites)

It does take common courtesy, common sense, and the Golden Rule, the will to respect loyal and potentially loyal customers. Some, even many, may disagree, but I believe "Do unto others as you would have them do unto you" has not been evident in AA's approach to the problems. Excuses don't wash. The internet abounds with small understaffed companies, even one-man shops without sophisticated software, facing the same supply problems that treated and still treat their customers better.

And my November and December magazine orders are still pending. [imagine "holding my breath" cyanotic emoticon here]

Comment

• forkknifespoon

Nukes, I think you're frustrated and a little too willing to be offended by their (often poorly worded) messages. I know others have said it, but the second email may very well mean they are shipping your items. I got one of those as well, then the next day I got tracking info. I could be wrong. It is also not just as easy to take time away from one thing and make some quick updates on their website. I would assume they have no webmaster and have to hire, and probably pay by the hour to have stuff like that done. I work for a county in Northern Colorado where our webmaster just retired, so currently we are paying people by the hour, which is a good way of saying nothing is getting done because it is so prohibitively expensive.

I hate to say it, but have you had much experience with custom shops before? The rule of thumb seems to be: you'll get it when you get, with lead times being measured in years, not months. What were the contents of your order, just a couple magazines?

Comment

• It's a dead horse. I was willing to leave it for dead until they revived and sent that, as you say, "often poorly worded" salt in the wound.

Comment

• The excuse of the demand in today's market does not explain the poor communication and shipping times of every transaction I've had with them well before the craziness started. They are in the business of customer service yet didn't take simple actions as do other small firms to inform the people who are trying to give them money.

Comment

• tmax264
                        Unwashed
                        • Jan 2013

I have patience and am not replying to vent. I am from CO. I ordered a 20" upper, mags, brass and dies the 1st of the year. CO has since passed gun control legislation and it takes effect 1 July. I truly hope AA gets my order shipped or at least ships my mags before 1 July and half of them become illegal. My local Sheriff has already publicly stated he will NOT enforce laws that infringe on 2A but it would stop potential grief before it happens at least for me. I have 5 years before I retire so moving right now isn't an option and I am hoping that the true CO residents will go to the polls next year and fix the abortion created by the election last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by blackfoot View Post
                          They are in the business of customer service yet didn't take simple actions as do other small firms to inform the people who are trying to give them money.
                          No. They are in the business of building bad-ass firearms that people are willing to put up with poor customer service to get.

Comment

• Sounds like Stockholm Syndrome to me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Mic View Post
                              No. They are in the business of building bad-ass firearms that people are willing to put up with poor customer service to get.
                              That's the problem with the gun industry. Few realize their first business is customer service. They think because they can build something cool their genius will make them succeed. That's not very often the case but works for a few. Stockholm syndrome sounds about right.

Comment

• forkknifespoon

Originally posted by Mic View Post
                                This was my first thought.

Comment

Working...
                                X