• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pinzgauer
    Warrior
    • Mar 2011

Academy stocking Grendel SST ammo

My local academy sporting goods has Hornady Grendel SST in stock for $23/box. Roughly the same price as their 6.8 and other SST Hornady ammo.

Another local dealer stocking grendel ammo, cases, and the Hornady 123 projectiles (amax & SST)

So in my area just not that big of a deal, you just need to keep your eyes open.

Comment

• hill.brandonj

Grendel. Hornady amax and sst are in almost all te gunshops here. Too bad re loading is more fun

Comment

• Tedward
        Banned
        • Feb 2013

I just came from the Gun Show outside of DC in Northern VA. This old guy, we'll retired, has a ammunition shop he runs and brings ammo to the show for over 10 years, he's a licensed manufacture. Last gun show I gave him 200 rounds of Hornady Brass I had and he reloaded them with a bunch of light weight rounds. He provided primers, powder and projectiles. He labeled the powder type, gr of powder used and bullet weight with manufacture on each bag. I'll be doing some shooting comparison next week and keep half for chrony. I haven't looked at all of it but for .35 each, can't go to wrong.

Comment

• Dogue
          Warrior
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Tedward View Post
          I just came from the Gun Show outside of DC in Northern VA. This old guy, we'll retired, has a ammunition shop he runs and brings ammo to the show for over 10 years, he's a licensed manufacture. Last gun show I gave him 200 rounds of Hornady Brass I had and he reloaded them with a bunch of light weight rounds. He provided primers, powder and projectiles. He labeled the powder type, gr of powder used and bullet weight with manufacture on each bag. I'll be doing some shooting comparison next week and keep half for chrony. I haven't looked at all of it but for .35 each, can't go to wrong.
          Maybe just my opinion, but yes you can go wrong...I know I'm not shooting anyone else's reloads in my guns. Probably not as big an issue with rifle, especially the Grendel, since it's difficult to substantially overload a case, but unless I personally know the reloader and his skills I won't touch anothers reloads.

What bullets did he load, and what powder? Most of the better projectiles are going to run $.25-.35 each, and add powder and primers and I don't see how this guy is even getting paid for his time. Did he size and prep the brass too?
          Last edited by Dogue; 09-30-2013, 12:10 PM.
          Μολὼν λαβέ

Comment

• Any idea where I can get some magazines?

Comment

• I like these guys
              But I have been told they have the same product as others but for more money
              But everytime I order, they have product on the shelf with fast delivery
              For what it is worth

Ammunition Storage Components: Manufacturer of AR-15 Magazines

Comment

• Tedward
                Banned
                • Feb 2013

Originally posted by rushmc View Post
                I like these guys
                But I have been told they have the same product as others but for more money
                But everytime I order, they have product on the shelf with fast delivery
                For what it is worth

http://www.ammosc.com/
                All I see are ASC Mag's. No ammo.

I just ordered a few more 10 round C-product Mags from LCJ Whosales on Monday and at my door on Thursday. I live in Va so they just had to come up the East Coast and he shows quantities in stock and on hand. I ran about 60 rounds of Grendel yesterday and not one feed issue.

Also got a few for my 223. Used both 223/556 with no issue. I really don't like P-mags anymore, they flex and I have had feed issues regularly with them. Might just be my luck.

Comment

Working...
                X