X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kikn
    Warrior
    • Nov 2011

I Ordered Some dies For My Beowulf Back In November Any Idea When They Might Get A Shipment From hornady?

Comment

• babaganoush
      Warrior
      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Kikn View Post
      I Ordered Some dies For My Beowulf Back In November Any Idea When They Might Get A Shipment From hornady?
      Why don't you call them? Hornady has always been helpful and up front about their ship dates with me.
      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• Kikn
        Warrior
        • Nov 2011

R
        Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
        Why don't you call them? Hornady has always been helpful and up front about their ship dates with me.
        I Haven'T Called In A While. I Did Send An Email, About A Month Ago. Without A RespoSe

SOrry About The Weird Caps. This Forum Doesn't Play Nice With The New Droid OS. (Or Vise Versa) I EvenHave To Manually Space Every Word Now.

Check The "R" At ThE Top, It Even Makes Random Entries ThaT Can't' Be Erased.
        Last edited by Kikn; 04-04-2013, 05:18 AM.

Comment

• Your experience with the New Droid OS is not what one would call a confidence builder...

I had heard that the 'Droid was an up and comer poised to really take on the establishment...

Comment

• Birdog
            Bloodstained
            • Mar 2013

It's not just the droid. When I use Ispell spell checker it wacks my post so bad it makes it look like I dropped out of English class in 4th grade. I have to go back through and correct text and formatting that wasn't wrong originally. But at least it corrects the words tHaT I DiDnT kNoW hOw tO sPeLL CoRrEcTlY iNiTiAlLy.

Comment

• My earlier comment was partly tongue in cheek. I share your iSpell pain!

I have been too lazy to dig through the settings to see if there is a mode that merely highlights apparently misspelled words. That would help enormously and save some of us a 'but af embrsment.'

Comment

• Kikn
                Warrior
                • Nov 2011

My Issue Isn't A SEttings Issue. Swype Generally Works Well It Really Only Has This Issue When Post In This Forum.

Sorry Wasn't Trying To Take This Thread Off Topic.

Comment

• Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  I can't help on individual parts guys, but I will be talking with Bill Alexander this weekend, I hope, and I'll try to get an update on mags and bolts.

Thanks...bolts are a major hang up. There are lots of other sources for mags, uppers, lowers and barrels....and now with Hornady shipping A-Max and SST... ammo as well..... but AA is the only good source for Grendel bolts.

If anything needs to be a priority...it seem that would be bolts. Just sayin'.

Comment

• bwaites
                    • Mar 2011

With the current shipment of bolts, AA believes all backorders will be filled. That, of course, is dependent upon the whole order of bolts passing inspection.

This order included both standard and hard use bolts. Inspection, QC, and assembly will take a little time, but bolts should be shipping in the next 7-10 days.

Bill has been trying to develop additional sources of bolts, along with his long time suppliers, so that "all the eggs aren't in one basket" so to speak. That said, the industry is just about at max capacity for small parts. New suppliers will have to be shops that previously have not been AR manufacturers. With the number of CAD/CAM machines out there, and the recession, it is possible to tap some new sources. It takes a while to get them up and productive, though!
                    Last edited by bwaites; 04-05-2013, 04:12 PM.

Comment

• babaganoush
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2013

Originally posted by Spurrious View Post
                      If anything needs to be a priority...it seem that would be bolts. Just sayin'.
                      Boltsezzz. Yessss ... My PRECIOUS Boltsezz...

Gollum.jpg
                      Last edited by babaganoush; 04-19-2013, 10:23 PM.
                      "A problem thoroughly understood is always fairly simple. Found your opinions on facts, not prejudices. We know too many things that are not true."

Charles F. Kettering

Comment

• dmsims21
                        Warrior
                        • Nov 2012

Originally posted by babaganoush View Post
                        Boltsezzz. Yessss ... My PRECIOUS Boltsezz...

+1
                        www.FriendsvillePrecision.com - AR15 Dry Fire Device

Comment

• tallhorse89

okay this is a dumb question but why is there a difference in color on the lapua brass?

Comment

• All brass is annealed at various points in the manufacturing process. Things get warm enough that brass shows the discoloration you see around the neck and shoulder areas of Lapua brass. Many manufacturers polish the brass to a uniform sheen as part of the final step.

Lapua does not, whether for de-facto trademark reasons, to show that they indeed annealed the brass in that near-final step, or other reasons. This may be one of the reasons so many folks like their brass in spite of the comparatively high prices.

Comment

• shotgun_wedding

FYI, I finally got a ship notice today for brass and dies from AA for an order that I placed back at the end of January. I am guessing that the dies took a while to come in.

Comment

• tmax264
                                Unwashed
                                • Jan 2013

I'm still waiting for a package. Upper, brass, dies and mags ordered 4 Jan.

Comment

Working...
                                X