Ammo! Lots of ammo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK

Southwest Ammunition (http://www.southwestammunition.com) in Mesa AZ does not currently manufacture 6.5 Grendel. I have been very pleased with their .308 and .338LM. I typically get ½moa or better using their ammo through my DTA SRS. IF there is enough interest, I would be willing to investigate component availability and
    Last edited by Guest; 01-27-2013, 12:01 AM.

Comment

Hoping against hope, I look, hoping for word from AA what order date mags and what order date ammo was shipped today.

Comment

I ordered on 12-29 so I'm hopeful if they actually have magazines like they say, that they can get their orders processed and shipped soon.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Nukes View Post
          Hoping against hope, I look, hoping for word from AA what order date mags and what order date ammo was shipped today.
          As I have said, AA's system simply has no provision to allow this.

They continue to ship as fast as possible.

Comment

Comment

• cory
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2012

bwaites any word on rather Alexander Arms will begin selling barrel kits again anytime soon? By soon I mean before summer.
              "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

Lots of ammo, no gun

Bill, maybe you could take some time out from stocking ammo to finish the upper I ordered three months ago. No point ordering ammo if I don't have a gun to shoot it in.

Comment

• bwaites
                  • Mar 2011

Originally posted by cory View Post
                  bwaites any word on rather Alexander Arms will begin selling barrel kits again anytime soon? By soon I mean before summer.
                  No real idea. If anyone can predict what will happen in the supply chain over the next few months, it sure isn't me!

Comment

Originally posted by GFbobcat View Post
                    Bill, maybe you could take some time out from stocking ammo to finish the upper I ordered three months ago. No point ordering ammo if I don't have a gun to shoot it in.

Stop by Gilgamesh's stall in the marketplace for good deals on bronze swords. Tell him that Sherman and Mr. Peabody sent you.

"Hey, Rocky, now watch me pull a rabbit out of my hat."

:-)
                    Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2013, 07:09 PM.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

The concept of the thread was to assuage fears that there was no Grendel ammunition and that none was being produced. The purpose was to indicate that we had ammunition and that there was an uninterrupted ability to continue producing Grendel ammunition for those who own/use this caliber. We are building ammunition just as fast as we can. For those waiting on guns, upper or magazines, currently the same applies. We are running the assembly lines flat out and our vendors have stood by us.

We will work with Bill Waites to the best of our ability to try and keep everyone up to date with where we are in the process. I understand how frustrating the delays must be as I am myself waiting for a pistol from another company. We are a small company with limitations of space, time, telephone lines and supplies. I know our communication is lacking.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Originally posted by cory View Post
                        We do not foresee being able to supply barrel kits again for 2013

Comment

• KentuckyBuddha
                          Warrior
                          • Oct 2012

wow

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                            We do not foresee being able to supply barrel kits again for 2013
                            And again the devil is in the details. We will not be able to accept new orders. Those orders already on the books will be serviced just as soon as we can get to them

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                              The concept of the thread was to assuage fears that there was no Grendel ammunition and that none was being produced. The purpose was to indicate that we had ammunition and that there was an uninterrupted ability to continue producing Grendel ammunition for those who own/use this caliber. We are building ammunition just as fast as we can. For those waiting on guns, upper or magazines, currently the same applies. We are running the assembly lines flat out and our vendors have stood by us.

We will work with Bill Waites to the best of our ability to try and keep everyone up to date with where we are in the process. I understand how frustrating the delays must be as I am myself waiting for a pistol from another company. We are a small company with limitations of space, time, telephone lines and supplies. I know our communication is lacking.
                              I think we appreciate that.

Speaking for myself and at the risk of beating a dead horse, I am frustrated that we have NO idea where we are in line. I also appreciate that you are tired of me and others asking.

You have no obligation to explain anything to me, but I am perplexed how, unless there is no system at all, only chaos, there is no way to say, "We shipped high-cap magazine orders from November 1 today." As I was joking above, even Sumerian merchants could thumb through their cuneiform tablets to give us such a bare bones status report.

If there are that many orders, there must be lots of frustrated customers. I would be much mollified by weekly reports. Even bare bones monthly reports would be something appreciated.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

The line is immense, orders within the last 6 months will be delivered sometime in the 2197 timescale, you are screwed! happy now!

Sorry could not resist.

I will try with the good auspices of Bill Waites to get this information sorted out and posted. It is not as bleak as it looks. We are behind but we have always been behind. It is one of the problems of designing and building strange stuff.

Comment

Working...
                                X