X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • middle man
    Bloodstained
    • Feb 2013

Hornady has shipped quite a bit of 123gr Amax Grendel in the past two weeks to big box retailers, direct accounts, and wholesalers.

Comment

• Birdog
      Bloodstained
      • Mar 2013

Natchez Products has 123gr A-Max ammo available right now.

Comment

• dammitman
        Warrior
        • Dec 2012

Sure seems silly that my order to AA for hornady amax last feb still isnt filled. They sent me an email today that they still dont know when it will be. Embarrasing is what that is.

Comment

• I received the same email. I am waiting on a bolt though

Comment

• Its funny, Mr Alexander starts this thread by saying he has some in stock and everyone later chimes in with how they are so bad at filling orders and comes up with alternatives, a good forum indeed, this is how it should work. Even though I dont believe the hogwash about AA not wanting to stock up on 6.5G stuff because its not popular is misleading because the majority his company's buisness hinges on the caliber succeding. unlike hornady who could care less if it is successful, because they will always move product. Not hating on AA, just fed up with the long lead times to get things from them when their branded items are available at other outlets. I just think they should get out of the retail buisness if they cant provide the service that the industry is known for. Its bad buisness strategy to overpromise, underdeliver and wear down your customers and employees with giving and receiving apologies all the time. Even before the latest run on the industry, the company had a hard time keeping up with demand which is half the reason why nobody wanted it and why everyone ran for the 300 AAC. Supplies drive wildcats and new calibers, if people cant buy or build it, they move on, in this case we see an uptick in demand not only because of the run on the industry but a caliber finally had the handcuffs of patents taken off.

Sorry if this isnt formatted correctly or my spelling is bad, I sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury in Afghanistan and I'm working through it.

Comment

• Birdog
              Bloodstained
              • Mar 2013

I ordered 2 boxes of 120gr Noslers & 2 boxes 120gr Barnes TSX's in January from AA to see how my gun would handle them. I got the Noslers around late May & the TSX's around Aug 10th. Based on that delivery the zombies will definitely have an edge in the apacolypse.

Comment

• It sounds like its already to late to order in time for hunting season.

Comment

• Birdog
                  Bloodstained
                  • Mar 2013

It may even be too late for the 2014-15 season ;-P

Comment

• Birdog
                    Bloodstained
                    • Mar 2013

Natchez still shows to have Hornady 123gr AMAX's. For hogs they're like Frisky Buffet is to cats. I've never had one walk away. And they're bit more accurate in my Mini 30 conversion than the Hornady 123gr SSTs.

Comment

• XcountryRider

Buying ammo from AA is a complete waste of time. Cancel order and move on.

Comment

• Originally posted by XcountryRider View Post
                        Buying ammo from AA is a complete waste of time. Cancel order and move on.
                        I was going to try. The site shows like its all in stock. I guess it is not. Nobody has it.

I have zero belief that there will ever be steel cased ammo either.
                        How many " by the end of the year" are we going to hear.

Wow I have been a grendel owner for what 3 days and all ready bitching. Lol

Comment

• Tedward
                          Banned
                          • Feb 2013

AA brass in stock at Midway, load your own or get Hornady. They also have Beowulf bullets and brass. Loaded up today, good for a few years.

Comment

• Originally posted by joker31 View Post
                            Its funny, Mr Alexander starts this thread by saying he has some in stock and everyone later chimes in with how they are so bad at filling orders and comes up with alternatives, a good forum indeed, this is how it should work. Even though I dont believe the hogwash about AA not wanting to stock up on 6.5G stuff because its not popular is misleading because the majority his company's buisness hinges on the caliber succeding. unlike hornady who could care less if it is successful, because they will always move product. Not hating on AA, just fed up with the long lead times to get things from them when their branded items are available at other outlets. I just think they should get out of the retail buisness if they cant provide the service that the industry is known for. Its bad buisness strategy to overpromise, underdeliver and wear down your customers and employees with giving and receiving apologies all the time. Even before the latest run on the industry, the company had a hard time keeping up with demand which is half the reason why nobody wanted it and why everyone ran for the 300 AAC. Supplies drive wildcats and new calibers, if people cant buy or build it, they move on, in this case we see an uptick in demand not only because of the run on the industry but a caliber finally had the handcuffs of patents taken off.

Sorry if this isnt formatted correctly or my spelling is bad, I sustained a Traumatic Brain Injury in Afghanistan and I'm working through it.
                            There was no handcuffs of patents. Before the Grendel became SAAMI-tested and standardized, Alexander Arms did everything in their power to make sure a new wildcat didn't get diluted by everybody and their brother making changes to the chamber, so that customers would have no industry standard. By making manufacturers adhere to a strict chamber design, it allowed it to stay pure.

If you want an example of how not to go about introducing a new caliber to the marketplace, look no further than the 6.8x43, 6.8 Remington SPC SAAMI, 6.8 SPC II. You literally have ammunition manufacturers specifying what guns from major gun makers that can't be used with their loads, the company who took it to SAAMI (Remington) totally screwing the reamer up with not only an incorrect, but dangerous critical dimension included on the throat that isn't even on the reamer drawing.

The thread was started 8 months ago when ammo shortages were a major issue, and AA wanted to make sure people knew about their inventory of 500,000 rounds.

Comment

• Well I did find some ammo to purchase...yay

To bad it was more then the .308 I bought also.......booooo

Comment

• m796rider
                                Warrior
                                • Jul 2011

Comment

Working...
                                X