X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • montana
    Chieftain
    • Jun 2011

I would be scared to invest in a high money up grade with a political climate that could screw you in an instant leaving you hanging on to a business structure that was just banned.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

I guess they have been 'scared' for over 6-years then.

But as the old saying goes...

There is nothing to fear but fear itself.

Comment

• Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
        I guess they have been 'scared' for over 6-years then...
        An understandably so since the '08 the Obamocrats have made no bones about wanting to take away our rights and firearms and are chomping at the bit to engage in 'real social engineering' of Americans.

Nonetheless -- a production capacity of 1,000,000+ rounds per month is impressive. It speaks to anticipated demand and certainly falls in the 'ramping up' side of the ledger.

Comment

• The difference is that in the television and automobile market, buying habits are somewhat predictable, and they aren't subject to outright bans...yet.

What we're seeing in the modern firearms industry is that literally millions of people are saying, "Holy bat crap! I need me one of dem now!"

Name me one other industry that is like that. I can't tell you how many new gun owners I have run into that knee-jerk bought an AR15 or 3 because of recent events, despite what the enemy within is saying. There are literally millions of people who are genuinely concerned enough to believe that they will need these things due to economic strife, societal unrest, or just increased crime that comes with hard times, never mind the fact that Comrade Hussein is funneling thousands of real assault rifles and machine guns to the narco-terrorists on our border, where we have seen a 500% increase in Islamic insurgency presence.

Comment

• The gun industry has been piss poor on delivery of products for years, and I mean 10+ if not longer. How many colassal failures have you seen over the years of promising a product and even putting it in their catalogs that weren't even produced that year, and some not at all. I do agree they have much room for improvement upon promises vs. delivery.

The gun industry actually has pretty level demand (except over the last 4 years) and low cost of obsolescense compared to other industries like the television and electronics industry, even the car industry. How many industries can you say you're going to get into building a 100+ year old design and it can be a good idea? I just think the level of production, marketing, and operations executives are not up to par with other industries. I actually perfer it though because if they were driven by some of the types of people in other industries we would be waiting for imports containers full of chinese plastic guns to arrive.

Comment

• LongRanger

This industry has a logistics nightmare right now. If you ordered a complete rifle or just an upper receiver and as I am seeing complete bolt carrier groups are sold out and on backorder everywhere you look, that rifle or upper cannot be completed and shipped until bolt carriers come into your factory. Gas blocks, firing pins, barrels and other parts are also mostly backordered. It is a blessing to have so many orders to fill, but it is a terrible thing not to be able to get the parts to put together what you need to be able to fill those orders. I for one am not so much concerned with when I get what I ordered unless it involves a lower receiver that might be banned at any future moment in time. What happens to an existing order if a ban occurs? Alexander Arms does not charge your credit card until the order ships and that is major credit to how they do business. Other companies have charged me and made promises and at this point have failed to ship some items. Once a charge exceeds a finite amount of time, it cannot be challenged on a credit or debit card. At least AA is not doing that. Those companies will never see another order from me in the future even if they finally do come through with my goods.

Comment

• montana
                Chieftain
                • Jun 2011

Any company that charges before delivery is poor business practice or a con. If your card is charged and you haven't received any product, I would immediately verify they had sent the product or cancel the order. No exceptions.

Comment

• 1500rds of Wolf Gold 120gr MPT:

Comment

• 1 possibility... Wolf may make 1,000,000 rounds in the month of Aug. Then they gotta ship it. How long do you think that will take to happen? Then its gotta get here intact and not full of sea water. It'll probably all go to AA. AA will probably announce they have "Ammo lots of ammo", but need a "few" months for quality checks but we can to go ahead and order it. AA will probably still not have a system in place so people will know when their ammo will be shipped. .... 2nd possibility; We all get cheap ammo by the fall. Which is most probable?

Comment

• 3rd possibility, the bird in the hand, bid at gun broker.com.

Comment

• BjornF16
                        Chieftain
                        • Jun 2011

Does AA have two cases of 100 Berger, 115 Berger, 123 Scenar or 123 A-Max available?...if I'm going to BoomerShoot, I need ammo.
                        LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                        Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• If a UPS shipping label has been created for my order anyone have an idea of how much longer I'll be waiting until it arrives?

Comment

• Originally posted by Shak180 View Post
                            If a UPS shipping label has been created for my order anyone have an idea of how much longer I'll be waiting until it arrives?
                            Depends on how far away from Virginia you are, but usually 4-5 days.

Comment

• Y85
                              Warrior
                              • Sep 2012

BW, any new updates?
                              I've had orders in with AA for ammo and mags for 4 mos (that order, 26OCT, included an upper) and for ammo and brass for 5 wks (TSX, 22JAN). Interestingly, I ordered Beowulf ammo from AA on 17DEC and from MidwayUSA on 29DEC (before they stopped taking backorders). I received the Midway order on 21FEB which seems kind of strange since Midway must have gotten the ammo from AA.
                              From your previous comments, I think the upper must be slowed by the fluting process and I guess the ammo and mags from the Oct order must be waiting on the upper (?). I'm not clear on why the ammo order from 22JAN hasn't shipped -- ?waiting for the brass?
                              I'm not sure how much contact you have with the management at AA but they might consider shipping orders piecemeal (Midway does that). Personally, I don't mind paying piecemeal shipping charges but I realize that not everyone would feel that way.
                              Once again, thanks for being the POC for this stuff.

Comment

• It would be perfectly fine with me if Alexander Arms shipped my parts one at a time, I would be more then happy to pay the additional shipping. I sent an email inquiry on Feb 6 and they just replied yesterday and basically they told me they have nothing in stock. Normally I would have canceled my order but since it is Alexander Arms ans I really really really want to build a Grendel I am hanging in there.

Comment

Working...
                                X