Ammo! Lots of ammo!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• You mention that rifles and uppers are "generally" in the 2-4 week time frame. I placed an order Nov 7th for a 20" Grendel Entry upper and an extra magazine. Asked for an update about 2 weeks ago. No response yet.
    Am I expecting too much?

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

albe,

I would have expected something on your order, IF it is a standard ENTRY upper. They may be out of mags, I know that was the case last week.

Comment

• bwaites
        • Mar 2011

Originally posted by Y85 View Post
        bwaites, any word on uppers w fluted barrels?
        Those are done in house, and are in continual process. A batch were being run this week, but I have no idea how many get done at any one time.

They are working hard to get everything out.

Comment

• Yes, it is the standard 20" entry upper. Ordered with the thread protector and one (1) extra 10 round magazine. I'd expext at lease an answer.
          Thanks for your response.
          Al

Comment

• Y85
            Warrior
            • Sep 2012

BW - thnx for the updates. I am sure u r frustrated by all our requests, but your assistance is greatly appreciated.

Comment

• BjornF16
              Chieftain
              • Jun 2011

Originally posted by albe1234 View Post
              You mention that rifles and uppers are "generally" in the 2-4 week time frame. I placed an order Nov 7th for a 20" Grendel Entry upper and an extra magazine. Asked for an update about 2 weeks ago. No response yet.
              Am I expecting too much?
              Bwaites actually said:

Grendel tactical rifles and uppers are generally in the 2-4 week time frame. (Not fluted barrels). Some accessory parts and some small parts may delay shipping, however. AA tries to ship ammo orders with all uppers and rifles if they are ordered together, so that no one receives a fancy club!
              Not to rain on your parade, but the Entry is not a tactical rifle/upper. If Bill was accurate in his statement, then the 16" tactical models are the 2-4 week turn. I'm wishing they had the 10.5" still available...
              LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
              Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• bwaites
                • Mar 2011

Originally posted by BjornF16 View Post
                Bwaites actually said:

Not to rain on your parade, but the Entry is not a tactical rifle/upper. If Bill was accurate in his statement, then the 16" tactical models are the 2-4 week turn. I'm wishing they had the 10.5" still available...
                Bjorn, thanks for catching that! I was thinking tactical, even while reading Entry!

Comment

• BjornF16
                  Chieftain
                  • Jun 2011

Originally posted by bwaites View Post
                  Bjorn, thanks for catching that! I was thinking tactical, even while reading Entry!
                  I'd be happy to accept a 10.5" availability as payment!...;-)
                  LIFE member: NRA, TSRA, SAF, GOA
                  Defend the Constitution and our 2A Rights!

Comment

• Sorry about that guys! Any word on 20" ENTRY" uppers?
                    Al

Comment

• I have an order in since Nov and other than a confirmation, no word nor billing noted~

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

BWaites. As you are giving us some sort of regular report from AA, here is a question to ask them.

The infamous 'steel cased ammo' was first mentioned, I believe on another forum in June 2011. Apparently, the poster saw it on mentioned on the Wolf website. Here we are 20-months later. Do we have an ETA and a price per 1,000 rounds. Yet ?

Comment

• bwaites
                          • Mar 2011

Originally posted by appleseed-kdc View Post
                          BWaites. As you are giving us some sort of regular report from AA, here is a question to ask them.

The infamous 'steel cased ammo' was first mentioned, I believe on another forum in June 2011. Apparently, the poster saw it on mentioned on the Wolf website. Here we are 20-months later. Do we have an ETA and a price per 1,000 rounds. Yet ?
                          Per Wolf and Barnaul, they believe they will be producing 1,000,000+ rounds/month by 8/2013. We may see ammo in small quantities hit the market sometime in the 2nd quarter. They chose to create a line dedicated to the Grendel, so tool up time has been considerably longer than expected. We all had expected that they would run it on a down 7.62x39 line, not create a whole new line.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Pulls off his mittens and starts counting...Jan, Feb, March...August. Hmm...

2nd Quarter...April, May, June.

So, July then. Or maybe September.

Just trying to stay optimistic in my own inimitable sort of way.

Comment

• It will probably be before AA ships all the stuff we have ordered that they said they have on hand :-) Like magazines.

Comment

• appleseed-kdc

Gun companies seem to be run in a totally different way to other companies in the world.

When I buy anything else, I expect to get it handed to me or shipped and receive it within 4-days.

What other business doesn't carry stock. And I mean big ticket items like cars, large flat screen TV's, large refridgerators, copiers, large furniture, take your pick of any $1,000 item.

There again, its the same with magazines and ammo which are small ticket items.

The big problem is every month for at least the past 6-years ago, the same companies were making the same excuses. So nothing has changed or been improved in their ordering, stock holding etc.. Whether the problem is under-funding, bad management or combination thereoff, its hard to say.

Yes, in mitigation, there have been a couple of surges. Oct/Nov 2008, Oct/Nov 2012 and Jan/Feb 2013, but the first Two were predictable as it always happens at the 4-year election point. How about ordering extra 6-months in advance to mitigate some of the demand. Perhaps its back to them being too small and under-financed and they are always flying by the seat of their pants.

Just thought I would vent for a while. Keeps me happy.

But it still sucks and is a PITA for everyone.
                                Last edited by Guest; 02-15-2013, 06:06 PM.

Comment

Working...
                                X