Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Taylormade

Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
    The line is immense, orders within the last 6 months will be delivered sometime in the 2197 timescale, you are screwed! happy now!

Sorry could not resist.

I will try with the good auspices of Bill Waites to get this information sorted out and posted. It is not as bleak as it looks. We are behind but we have always been behind. It is one of the problems of designing and building strange stuff.
    Love it Bill love it, keep up the hard work.

Comment

• bwaites
      • Mar 2011

Nukes,

Lets look a few theoretical orders:

Order 1) Received 11/1/2012 6.5 Grendel upper, 6-25 round mags, 5-10 round mags, 1000 rounds 123 Scenar ammol.

In stock 6-25 round mags, 5-10 round mags. Grendel upper complete, except awaiting barrel, Scenar ammo available at time of order, but currently out of stock.

So what to do? Send him the mags, which are useless without the upper? Send him the ammo at the time of order, but also useless without the upper? Wait for the upper to be finished and send what is in stock then? Wait for everything to be in stock?

If we follow out logically....We should send him the mags, and post that AA is currently shipping mag orders from 11/1. But the same order isn't being filled for the rest of the order. Then he gets to pay three different shipping fees, that doesn't make customers happy!

But if we hold everything, and then post that we are shipping mags from 11/7/2012, he sees that and says, "Hey, wait, my mags haven't been shipped and I ordered before that!" The poor guy panics thinking that he has been overlooked!

And if AA holds the mags, the guy that only ordered mags wonders why he isn't getting his mags.

And the guy that ordered 123 Scenars on 11/2 is wondering why he hasn't gotten his order, either, and yet AA is posting that they have ammo!

If it was a single product, it would be simple, AA could easily say, "We are shipping orders from "X" date" but it isn't that simple.

At least AA doesn't charge for what hasn't been shipped. I just got notice today that my card was charged for a bullet order I made the last week of December, the bullets are in stock (I checked today, again), but they STILL haven't been shipped because the place is more than 4 weeks behind. Their web site says that they are shipping orders from December, but not what exact date.

If I hadn't ordered dozens of times from them, I would be worried, but that market is just that messed up right now.

Comment

• Bill Alexander

Bloody hell Bill, now I am confused!

We usually follow the orders like this based upon the upper. Most times we will ship the ammo but if the backorder is substantial and the resupply time is long we will call to see if something can be substituted, but only when the upper is packed and ready to go. Additional mags may be backordered at the time of shipping but we always ship the uppers and guns with a magazine. We always try and get ammo of some sort out with the gun even if it is a short delivery.

Not as easy as it looks on the surface.

The problem lies with the non standard calibers.

Comment

• bwaites
          • Mar 2011

Bloody hell Bill, now I am confused!

We usually follow the orders like this based upon the upper. Most times we will ship the ammo but if the backorder is substantial and the resupply time is long we will call to see if something can be substituted, but only when the upper is packed and ready to go. Additional mags may be backordered at the time of shipping but we always ship the uppers and guns with a magazine. We always try and get ammo of some sort out with the gun even if it is a short delivery.

Not as easy as it looks on the surface.

The problem lies with the non standard calibers.
          C'mon Bill, you know you're confused most of the time when you get in a conversation with me!

Comment

• Originally posted by bwaites View Post
            Nukes,

Lets look a few theoretical orders:

Order 1) Received 11/1/2012 6.5 Grendel upper, 6-25 round mags, 5-10 round mags, 1000 rounds 123 Scenar ammol.

In stock 6-25 round mags, 5-10 round mags. Grendel upper complete, except awaiting barrel, Scenar ammo available at time of order, but currently out of stock.

So what to do? Send him the mags, which are useless without the upper? Send him the ammo at the time of order, but also useless without the upper? Wait for the upper to be finished and send what is in stock then? Wait for everything to be in stock?

If we follow out logically....We should send him the mags, and post that AA is currently shipping mag orders from 11/1. But the same order isn't being filled for the rest of the order. Then he gets to pay three different shipping fees, that doesn't make customers happy!

But if we hold everything, and then post that we are shipping mags from 11/7/2012, he sees that and says, "Hey, wait, my mags haven't been shipped and I ordered before that!" The poor guy panics thinking that he has been overlooked!

And if AA holds the mags, the guy that only ordered mags wonders why he isn't getting his mags.

And the guy that ordered 123 Scenars on 11/2 is wondering why he hasn't gotten his order, either, and yet AA is posting that they have ammo!

If it was a single product, it would be simple, AA could easily say, "We are shipping orders from "X" date" but it isn't that simple.

At least AA doesn't charge for what hasn't been shipped. I just got notice today that my card was charged for a bullet order I made the last week of December, the bullets are in stock (I checked today, again), but they STILL haven't been shipped because the place is more than 4 weeks behind. Their web site says that they are shipping orders from December, but not what exact date.

If I hadn't ordered dozens of times from them, I would be worried, but that market is just that messed up right now.
            To state the obvious, since we have been told that the AA software can't do it, that description is a close enough approximation of "... there is ...only chaos."

So be it, lesson learned.

Comment

• bwaites
              • Mar 2011

But even from chaos, order ensued!

Comment

• And the earth was void and empty, and darkness was upon the face of the deep; and the spirit of God moved over the waters.
                Last edited by Guest; 01-31-2013, 11:46 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bill Alexander View Post
                  The line is immense, orders within the last 6 months will be delivered sometime in the 2197 timescale, you are screwed! happy now!

Sorry could not resist.

I will try with the good auspices of Bill Waites to get this information sorted out and posted. It is not as bleak as it looks. We are behind but we have always been behind. It is one of the problems of designing and building strange stuff.
                  Well, maybe I can look at that as good news since I ordered my parts more than 6 months ago.....

Comment

• TheOTHERmaninblack
                    Warrior
                    • Apr 2011

Last time I ordered was primarily parts. I got everything but magazines. Said magazines showed up a couple of weeks later. No serious issue.

My current issue is finances. The money was there when I placed the order and the pre-auth went through. May not be there when the order is actually ready, or it may be there and needed for something else. Times is tough all over. I'm on alert lists at several sites to let me know when 6.5 grendel becomes available. Been on them for quite awhile. Ain't heard nothing. That's the times we live in, and they don't look to be getting better.

I haven't ever really seen anything to indicate that I can't trust either of the Bills, so I'll continue to trust that my stuff will ship when it's available, and that it'll be made available as soon as possible. Meanwhile, I'll use stoicism to emulate patience and build a different wing of my ammo fort for the time being.

Comment

• cory
                      Chieftain
                      • Jun 2012

We do not foresee being able to supply barrel kits again for 2013
                      Bill that's not what I wanted to hear, but thanks for the response. haha
                      "Those who sacrifice liberty for security, deserve neither." Benjamin Franklin

Comment

• "ammo fort" THAT is priceless!

Comment

• Y85
                          Warrior
                          • Sep 2012

Bwaites, anything new to report this week?

Comment

• Thanks Bill Alexander for the updates! Those of us that have good jobs and can afford this obsession should be happy we have nothing better to do than obsess about where our ammo, gun, mag, etc. is. I don't know about the rest of you, but this is one reason I have more than one rifle in different calibers.

Comment

• bwaites
                              • Mar 2011

Update time:

Grendel ammo is in stock, by and large. 123 Scenars remain a moving target, but supplies come in and are shipped as available. Orders are currently taking several weeks to process, but AA is shipping orders received in early to mid January at this point.

Grendel tactical rifles and uppers are generally in the 2-4 week time frame. (Not fluted barrels). Some accessory parts and some small parts may delay shipping, however. AA tries to ship ammo orders with all uppers and rifles if they are ordered together, so that no one receives a fancy club!

Barrel/bolt orders are no longer being accepted, but if you ordered prior to that cutoff, they are being processed. These generally take the longest, because they are processed alongside barrels for rifles and uppers, and AA must have barrels to continue the core business of rifle sales. Stainless barrels are backordered from all manufacturers, so it will be some time until this shortage eases.

Beowulf models are 12+ weeks from order to delivery, although some will be longer as some of the options are backordered. (AWS systems are the biggest problem in that regard.)

Beowulf ammo continues to be made as fast as possible, with supplies coming in regularly, but it remains backordered. Once again, rifles/uppers get some priority in that regard, though AA must often ask the purchaser if a substitution is appropriate. It doesn't seem to matter how much BEO ammo is produced, it all is sold before its produced. This has been an issue for years. AA thought that automated machinery would help, but even that hasn't been able to keep up all the time.

5.56 and 300 Blackout generally ship in the 4 week time frame.

ALL AR15 parts are in short supply, so even small items like extractor availability, springs, port doors, etc. can slow production if they aren't available. As many on the forum have noted, carriers and bolts have disappeared. AA has supplies for production, but with the current market, replacing those supplies over time will be a challenge.

Hope this helps everyone!

Comment

• Y85
                                Warrior
                                • Sep 2012

bwaites, any word on uppers w fluted barrels?

Comment

Working...
                                X