LIMITED - Lilja 10.5" / 12.5" / 14.5" / 16" Barrels (option for complete upper)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • bob4432
    Warrior
    • May 2016

How bright is the finish on the "from Lilja", non Cerakoated barrels? For comparison I have on hand a 80% lower that is ready to be Type III / Class II hardcoat anodized from a current ISO / AS machine shop that does a lot of aerospace work (so everything is done "by the book"), and also a Ballistic Advantage .223 Wylde Hanson barrel. I know the Lilja finish is going to be brighter than what I have, but how bright? Also, if I were to get in on the next group buy (or ifit is already in place, order one, sorry, haven't re-read the main post) if what you guys tell is the brightness is too bright, could I send the barrel to machine shop and have them bead blast so it is more like the BA Hanson barrel? Or would the additional bead blasting be enough to remove Lilja's engraving?
    Thanks for your time,
    Bob
    Last edited by bob4432; 01-06-2020, 12:53 AM.

Comment

• Lastrites
      Warrior
      • Apr 2017

"Finish from Lilja is polished stainless steel, finish ground to 320 grit." The one I received was just beyond a matte finish and its definitely not a high polish but not what a good bead blasting produces which is a duller gray, about perfect for a top coat which it received prior to assembly.

Comment

• bob4432
        Warrior
        • May 2016

Originally posted by Lastrites View Post
        "Finish from Lilja is polished stainless steel, finish ground to 320 grit." The one I received was just beyond a matte finish and its definitely not a high polish but not what a good bead blasting produces which is a duller gray, about perfect for a top coat which it received prior to assembly.
        Who is doing the assembly and how is the topcoat applied? What is the topcoat - did i miss I something in the OP? I would personally want to build my own and have it bead blasted, but I have not bead blasted an item in a LOOONG time & cannot remember the details of the material used, etc. Can that info be ascertained by Lilja so I could have the machine shop a friend owns do it so the engraving is not destroyed? I thank you for your answer, maybe I missed something in OP?

Also OFF TOPIC - is there any word on when/if SBRs will no longer be NFA items? The ATF has said, to the best of my recollection that you can use the brace upto your shoulder, but I would rather have a true SBR vs a PISTOL w/ a weird brace. 6.5Grendel @ 12.5" would make for a very nice and PDW or hunting rifle.

Thanks for your time,
        Bob

Comment

• rebby
          Warrior
          • Mar 2017

Originally posted by bob4432 View Post
          Who is doing the assembly and how is the topcoat applied? What is the topcoat - did i miss I something in the OP? I would personally want to build my own and have it bead blasted, but I have not bead blasted an item in a LOOONG time & cannot remember the details of the material used, etc. Can that info be ascertained by Lilja so I could have the machine shop a friend owns do it so the engraving is not destroyed? I thank you for your answer, maybe I missed something in OP?
          The barrel is 100% completed by Lilja. There is no topcoat, it's simply a bare stainless barrel. There is an option to have the barrel bead blasted if you'd like as well. I have a full time weapons finishing outfit doing this work for me. The bead blast gives the barrel a great matte stainless finish. I'm working on getting the next group buy thread up (been battling some major family medical issues over the past couple of months) and will include pictures of the various refinishing options as well as the stock finish. Hopefully I can have this online in the next couple of days. The bead blast lightens the engraving but doesn't damage it.

Also OFF TOPIC - is there any word on when/if SBRs will no longer be NFA items? The ATF has said, to the best of my recollection that you can use the brace upto your shoulder, but I would rather have a true SBR vs a PISTOL w/ a weird brace. 6.5Grendel @ 12.5" would make for a very nice and PDW or hunting rifle.

Thanks for your time,
          Bob
          Your guess is as good as anybody's here. Personally, I'm not counting on anything changing with NFA anytime soon.

Comment

• Arhunter
            Unwashed
            • Jan 2020

Hey guys. First post here. I am very interested in one of the 10.5 inch barrels. Does anyone have any reviews of how theirs shot?

Comment

• JuanC
              Bloodstained
              • Jan 2017

Any chance of a 16” barrel for sale?
              Edit : Just read through and know you’re out of 16” barrels. Would like to be in on the next group buy. Thanks
              Last edited by JuanC; 01-20-2020, 01:14 AM.

Comment

• CJ12
                Bloodstained
                • Feb 2019

I’ll post up some pictures of my rifle and some targets tomorrow. I can vouch for the .75 inch moa for sure, if I’m on in good conditions I can cut paper no problem

Comment

• Cooter66@hotmail.com
                  Unwashed
                  • Dec 2019

I would be interested in 12.5 barrel and bcg

Comment

• damastas
                    Unwashed
                    • Nov 2019

I'd be interested in a 12.5" if this group buy happens again.

Comment

• Wethepeople
                      Warrior
                      • Jan 2020

Sign me up for a 12.5" next group buy if that is considered in the near future.

Comment

• MichiganMitten
                        Unwashed
                        • Feb 2020

Sign me up for a 12.5 or 12.8" if this group buy happens again.

Comment

• rebby
                          Warrior
                          • Mar 2017

For all those subscribed to this thread, details on the next group buy will (FINALLY) be posted later tonight. Thank you so much for your patience and I've worked through some family medical issues (still ongoing). We've finally gotten to a point that I can give this the attention that it needs and deserves.

Comment

Working...
                          X